Friday, September 26, 2008

September 12ish?

Recovery is fine and life is slowly moving on. On about the 12th the BYU baseball team had an alumni golf tournament and baseball game. Ryan told me I needed to be there for the baseball game. That night I had a volleyball tournament so I ran down there and waited for the game to start. They pulled all the players together and I was asked to come onto the field. One of Ryan's former players that we have stayed in contact with over the years, Seth King is now a contractor. At the golf tournament I guess he provided and end table that he had made for one of the prizes. I went down on the field and Ryan and I thanked the team for the support over the past few months and the alumni gave me a framed picture of them golfing and all of them signed it. It was really nice. Then Seth came out and said he wanted to do something with meaning behind it. Anyway, he brought out this beautiful dress/armoire that he had made. He is making a whole collection and named it the Angie Roberts collection. Witht the furniture he sells he is donating some of the proceeds to the American Cancer Foundation. It was neat for Ryan and I, there was so much sentiment behind it. It is kind of hard to grasp. I took pictures, when I download them I will post them. This was a wonderful positive to this circus of a year!

3 comments:

~Ali said...

Ryan told me about that! I want to see the piece of furniture he made for you. Ry said is was so nice. I hope it lifted your spirits some.

The "Angie Roberts" collection...it has a nice ring to it! :)

Jessica said...

That is awesome!!!

Baxter's said...

So cool Ang. So cool. Nice to have one positive out of this whole thing I am sure. Hang in there. Sorry about all of the docs. It sounds insane. Insane. Another friend of mine just got diagnosed and now I am a little worried.