Monday, September 8, 2008

Sept. 8

Surgery is over! It is not as bad as I thought it would be. I was miserable that night and very nauseous. Now if I stay on top of my pain pills I can manage. I can't lift Ripken, so I pawn him off. My mom had him all weekend, Ali had him today and Jess will take him tomorrow. Hopefully by Wednesday I will be fine. I have a drain in right now, but look relatively normal. Coming out of anesthesia I could remember yelling at Ryan for a bucket and "Ang this is Colby are you going to remember that". When I came to, I thought I was crazy, but sure enough, one of Ryan's former players inserted my pain pump!! Little odd, but I did remember. I took this week off and so far just do a lot of sleeping, it feels good. The neighborhood has us well stocked with dinners.
Thanks again to everyone!

8 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Ang! I heard about your cancer from my brother-in-law and then I found your blog just recently. I am so glad your recovery is going well. I will be thinking about you.

Diana

~Ali said...

I've been thinking about you nonstop the past few days. I'm glad that you are doing okay. I wish I was there to help with your kids. Hopefully Ryan is giving you lots of TLC! :) Let us know how things are going. We love you and will talk to you soon.

Renee said...

Great to hear that all is well so far. Hang in there!

Sabina said...

Ang! I had no idea you were dealing with cancer. I totally cried! I recently added Kat Andrus Fuller on my Facebook, when I went to her blog link I noticed yours. You are such a trooper and an amazing person. I dealt with leukemia and a bone marrow transplant shortly after I was married. If it makes you feel a little better, I'll post a pic of my bald head. Hang in there!
Sabina

Gina Taylor said...

We love you Angie. So glad that your surgery is over and that your are recovering so well.

Ang said...

you are too amazing. you continue to inspire all of us. i hope you are on the mend, & will you please take it easy!

~Ali said...

Okay, so Ryan told me you went to Volleyball like 2 or 3 days after your surgery. Seriously, we get it...you are incredible!

It really sucks because none of us in the family can really complain about anything anymore. You will always be our hero and example!!
Love you!

Sabina said...

Alrightee - I've posted the Bald Pics of myself on my blog at www.sss-sms.blogspot.com

Hope to hear how you're doing!