Monday, June 16, 2008

5 Down, 3 to go!

5th treatment was a new drug. The side effects are sooooo much better. I can taste food again, smells don't bother me, and I don't feel nauseated. I had treatment on Wednesday. It took about 5 hrs. and they gave me Benadryl with it. Needless to say, I had a good nap! The next day Ryan's mom took the kids in the morning and that afternoon I went to volleyball camp. Thursday night my neck started to ache. The treatment causes muscle and bone aches. It slowly moves through my body, head to toe. I can deal with this. I just need a massage therapist! (Ryan doesn't quite cut it). Each treatment is suppose to get a little worse, but I am hoping to have my body recovered by next week in hopes that the side effects are the same.
Other news: Ryan's new project is an upgraded batting cage, and a (mini) waterfall! Kai and cousin Chase are playing in the championship for machine pitch baseball (he's excited which makes it fun), Rylin is going to volleyball camp with me and softball camp at BYU this week, Hunter and Ripken just go from game to game. Today is the first day in my life I put on a 50 SPF sunscreen! Can you believe it? I took the kids to the pool and tried to stay shaded, but still got burned. Me with 50 SPF sunscreen, what is going on ?!! I feel like Shane Belliston.
Thanks to Hacking family for the greatest gift: maid service, what a great idea!

10 comments:

Troy Farnsworth said...

Angie
I'm glad the new drug seems to have a few less side effects. I'm glad to see you are doing well and staying busy. Last but not least...Do they really make SPF 50?
Take Care
Troy

Ang said...

maybe this will be the first summer EVER that i get a better tan than you???? doubt it.
can't wait to see you all, so glad you are feeling a little better -

meg said...

Good to see you can still throw a knock out punch at Shane! I was laughing so hard at that. {BTW, Shane thinks you could have just as easily used Ryan as the example but whatever!}. So happy to hear this round has been a little better!

Renee said...

Ang, so glad that the new treatment is better! Keep us posted! P.S. I cannot see you putting on sunscreen at all. You always had the greatest tan!

~Ali said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so glad the new treatment makes you feel a little better!!! And only three more!
It sounds like the summer is keeping you very busy. I can't wait to see you guys. Tell everyone hello and I'll see you in another week.

Jessica said...

Hey wonderwoman!! I am glad to hear this was better for you. I was talking to Jen Simper at the ball field and she said she thought you had felt much better! I know a GREAT place to get a cheap massage!! Call me!!

Lori said...

Ang,
I don't think any husband knows how to massage, or tickle for that matter!
I'm so glad you are able to feel a little better. Your such a trooper, of course you would still go to volleyball camp! The BYU story was pretty neat and it had me cryin! We love you Ang!

Hang in there!

Baxter's said...

5 down, 3 to go until you come out to San Diego and take a vacation!

Em. said...

Hey Ang. Found you on Megan's blog. We talked about giving you a pedicure, you need to come down so I can give you one, the massage thing is a must for you too! Let me take the kids while you go! You are a trooper! You are in our prayers!
Love ya~ Em. Hansen

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Hey Ang, it is Rachel (Shaw) Meldrum from Timpanogos Volleyball. I just found your blog through my cousin Jessie and I was so surprised that you have cancer but I know that you are one to bounce back, just like you did during volleyball season when you had your baby and then came to vball camp the week after just like normal. You are amazing!