Monday, May 12, 2008

This is some video from the locks of love program Lehi High School organized through Jaime Ingersoll and Becky White. Many of the participants were Angie's students, volleyball players, youth in our ward, and other students that Angie did not have a relationship with. In total 74 students donated to the Lock of Love.

Jokingly, I spent a few minutes looking at some blogs around what I call "gossip blognation" (I think I should trademark that one) and decided to pick some sappy music because of the many "OH MY" comments I made to myself as I looked at other blogs and what some people do and say (Ali Hamaker do not get offended it was not your blog), so I thought some corny love music would put us in the right mood.

Seriously, I can't believe the generosity and concern that has poured out for us and Angie. We have had a number of people express concern, send cards, send meals, send scarfs, send pick me up notes, etc... they all go very appreciated.

Ryan

7 comments:

meg said...

Ryan, you know I'm a sucker for sappy love music! This was awesome to watch! Props to Lehi High and all the guys and girls who were so giving! And the biggest kudos to Jamie and Becky for organizing such an amazing event. It's something that I'm sure will never be forgotten by any of those who participated.

Shelby said...

WOW!!! Ryan, that was awesome. VERY emotional. Thanks for sharing it with the "blognation!" We love you guys and are praying for you everyday.
Dave, Shelby and family

~Ali said...

That was awesome!! Loved the video and Enrique was a perfect fit for a little sappiness. (word?)

Oh, and don't worry. I am fully aware that I am usually pretty corny and sappy. But hey, now you can be included in the group!!! :)

Love you guys. J and I just got back from our trip. We'll call you soon. Hope all is well.

Jessica said...

Ok Ryan - Just for you, I changed my "sappy" baby music. Please keep in mind this was post baby when the hormones were just not correct! What do you want, a little ACDC, Whitesnake - that was your times right? HEHE! I loved the video. It was absolutely amazing. For girls at that age to chop off soooo much hair - WOW!!! Thanks for posting! Again - I can't cook but I do really good Pizza and Cafe Rio! Please call me and let me know if you need anything!

Ang said...

wow, that inspires.
so do you both.
love you very much thinking about you all the time.
can't wait to see you soon.
xx
ang

Anonymous said...

Angie,
It was wonderful to see you at church on mother's day. I wish I could have helped with Ripkin in Relief Society, unfortunately he is over my weight lifting limit of about 5-10lbs. You are such a wonderful example of someone with true Bravery. Last night I looked up the true definition of what it means to be Brave: weak and scared to death to go on; don't believe you have the strength to go on but you step forward anyway against all odds. I think you are a truly BRAVE woman! I think of you often, and you look hot without hair! You are one strong, brave, terrific example to me. Thanks for being there for me. I wish I could help out more. Thanks for being you, I am a better person for having the privilege of knowing you. Love ya loads - Lorie Mabey

Erin said...

Hi Angie. I just want you to know that you are always on my mind and in my prayers. I Cried when I heard of your situation. This video is very touching. What an amazing group of kids. They will never forget their experience.
-Erin (Hansen)