Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dr. 3/27

Got an ultrasound on the left side today. Results show the lump was just a lymph node. - Good news.
Tomorrow Denise and I meet with the oncologist. She wants me to get a gene test. This test will let me know the likelihood of an occurence on the left side. If the gene test comes back positive, the likelihood of reoccurence is 89%. I would just get a double masectomy if that is the case. Unfortunately, the test takes 2-3 weeks for results, so we will just sit patiently, I don't want to go through surgery twice.
Dr. Tittensor (surgeon) called today. She reviewed all the tests and is still concerned about several calcifications in addition to the mass on the right side. I thinks she wants me to prepare for a masectomy with radiation and chemo.
We'll see?
Thanks for all your support!
We'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

~Ali said...

Hooray it's just a lymph node!! That is such good news. Thanks for updating us. I am CONSTANTLY thinking about you! We love you!!!!

Jessica said...

Ang - you are amazing to me. Smart to start this blog... I could only imagine how many times a day your phone is ringing and after awhile... well, like I said, very smart. Strong... I told Eric you were like the toughest woman I know so I know things will go great. But okay, every time I think about it I get sad (I am sure the hormonal thing doesn't help) but knowing what life is like in the months of March - June (basically a single mom) my heart is aching for you. I know you won't ask and I think it's wonderful you have such a close family support around you but if there is anything we can do, AT ALL, please let me know. Ryan joked with Eric that all we needed was a few more kids at our house but hey, what's 8 when you have 6! They would have fun! Good luck with everything and we are praying for your beautiful family!